Principles of Change Management Foundation — A 3 day course
This three day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in the Principles of Change Management.
Experiencing change is inevitable. Maybe it's been a new boss with new ideas, a new job or a new project you have taken on. Or perhaps you are facing new challenges because of changes in the economic or legislative environment in which you operate. Whatever the cause, making sense of change and peoples' reactions to it can be difficult.
Why is the beneficial change you want to introduce so often subject to resistance from various quarters? How can you make change easier? This course will help you to understand how to support individuals, teams and organisations through that change. It will also consider the attributes required of effective leaders to support successful change.
This three day instructor led training course is deliveried either as a public course or as a closed course. Delegates are encouraged to participate in group exercises and discussions throughout the three days. In addition, to support exam success, delegates will be required to complete two to three hours home work each evening. Delegates need to be aware of the significant amount of evening work required in this course and ensure that they are able to set aside sufficient time to complete the required homework.
During the course you will asked to provide written permission which enables us to pass on your pass mark to your employer.
On completion of this course, delegates will have learnt to:
- Understand how to support people learn what they need to during change
- Appreciate different approaches to change management and their implications for supporting individuals through change
- Understand why people react as they do and how delegates can help individuals through the change process
- Appreciate why teams are important in change
- Understand what factors contribute to team success
- Understand how teams change and develop and so help delegates to deliver improvements in team performance
- Identify key metaphors describing how organisations change and how these can help delegates plan appropriate action during change
- Understand what assumptions people may have about organisational change
- Formulate an integrated model of the change management process and how this can help delegates to introduce successful change within an organisation
- Know what key areas need to be considered are when planning organisational change
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Identify different leadership styles and their effects on the change process
- Understand the important role leaders have to play in change management
- Begin to develop a healthy response to the demands of change management leadership
- Learning what happens when individuals experience change
- Identifying what factors affect an individual's response to change
- Being aware of how personality affects an individual's relationship with change
- Recognising how & why individuals resist change
- Focusing on improving team effectiveness
- Understanding how teams change and develop
- Learning about leadership issues in team change
- How team change impacts organisational change
- Identifying key metaphors of organisational change and how they link to Change Management
- Recognising your own assumptions about how organisational change works
- Learning and critically evaluating different models of organisational change
- Beginning to build an integrated model of the organisational change process
Leadership and Change
- Understanding the relationship between leadership style and change
- Understanding the effects of different leadership styles on the change process
- Learning about the different leadership roles in the change process
- Developing a personal action plan to respond to the demands of leading change
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The course is intended for:
- Anyone who has been tasked to plan a change initiative within your organisation but need ideas on what it's important to think about so that you can increase the chances of the initiative being successful
- Anyone leading a team that is experiencing change and want to understand how the team can maximise its contribution during the change process
- Project or programme managers who want to introduce change via a project or programme but need some ideas about how to handle the "people side" of things
- Individuals who are impacted by change and want to gain a greater insight into the change process to help you adapt to changes that are coming your way
- Anyone looking for an understanding of the theories and models put forward by leading experts in the field of change management
- Anyone who would like your learning accredited through a formal qualification (APMG Principles of Change Management Foundation Examination)
While there are no formal pre-requisites to attending the course, delegates will be expected to undertake six to ten hours preparatory work
Delegates will be provided with course pre-reading prior to attending the course. The material will include the course text Making Sense of Change Management by Cameron and Green, and a pre-course reading guide
Delegates must bring photo id with them to show to the examination invigilator (Passport, Photo Driving licence)
Following completion of all modules candidates will sit will sit the APMG Principles of Change Management Foundation examination (a 1 hour multiple choice paper) on the third day of the course.
The Foundation exam structure is:
- 1 hour multiple choice
- Closed book
- Four sections, total of 60 questions
- 15 questions per section
- Candidate must score 30 out of 60 to pass