Check Point Certified Security Engineering (CCSE) R77 — A 3 day course
Check Point Security Engineering is an advanced 3-day course that teaches how to effectively build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the Gaia OS. We will study firewall processes and take a close look at user and kernel processing and Stateful Inspection. Labs include configuring security gateways, implementing VPNs, and performing advanced troubleshooting tasks on the firewall.
Course Objectives include:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server.
- Upgrade a Management Server..
- Perform debugs on Firewall processes.
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment, a ClusterXL High Availability deployment, a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration.
- Troubleshoot a VRRP deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure User Directory to incorporate user information.
- Manage internal and external user access.
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based using IKEView, VPN log files, and command line debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and MEP solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels.
- Provide corporate level protection to mobile devices using Check Point Capsule.
- Identify the four steps of emulation.
- Review the methods in which the Anti-Virus and Anti-Bot software blades prevent malware and bot infections.
- Set up a Threat Prevention profile.
- Review IPS profile properties.
- Review the available IPS protections and manipulate the action taken on packets when they match a threat.
- Generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent.
- Upgrading Check Point Modules
- Advanced Firewall
- Clustering and Acceleration
- Advanced User Management
- Advanced IPSec VPN and Check Point Capsule
- Threat Prevention
- Intrusion Prevention
- Auditing and Reporting
Lab Exercises include:
- Upgrading to Check Point R77.30
- Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
- Migrating to a Clustering Solution
- Security Management Server High Availability
- Configuring SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory
- Mobile Access with Check Point Capsule
- Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections
- Working with Anti-Bot & Anti-Virus
- Deploying Threat Emulation
- Understanding IPS Protections
- Working with IPS Profiles
- SmartEvent and SmartReporter
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is designed for expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway. This could include the following:
- System Administrators
- Support Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Anyone seeking CCSE certification
Successful completion of this course depends on knowledge of multiple disciplines related to network-security activities including UNIX and Windows operating systems, Certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP) knowledge, and Check Point Security Administration course/CCSA Certification.
This course helps prepare for CCSE exam #156-315.77 available at VUE test centers www.vue.com/checkpoint
It contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. A passing score is 70% or higher in 120 minutes. The exam is based on 80% course materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products. Students must have a valid CCSA certification before challenging the CCSE exam.
The exams are not taken as part of the course nor are they included in the course fee.