Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL) — A 5 day course
The Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL) 1.0 course is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers.
This five-day course aims at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to implement and maintain Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance-based perimeter solutions.
Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications us-ing Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Evaluate the basic technology, features, and hardware models of the Cisco ASA adap-tive security appliance product line
- Implement and maintain basic Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance connectivity and-device management plane features
- Implement and maintain data plane access control features of the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance product family
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance features that integrate it with the local and global routing and switching infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance virtualization and high availability features
- Evaluate Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance SSM modules, their major features, and integrate them with the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Security Engineers (NSEs) involved in firewall design, implementation and maintenance.
- Cisco customers who implement and maintain Cisco ASA (adaptive security appliance) based perimeter solutions.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Cisco channel partners who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco ASA security appliances
- Cisco engineers who support the sale of Cisco ASA security appliances
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification, comprising Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1) & Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
FIREWALL training course is recommended as preparation for exam:
- 642-617 FIREWALL v1.0
This course is associated with the CCNP Security Certification.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.