Microsoft SharePoint Office Integration 2010 Level 1 — A 1 day course
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to combine SharePoint 2010 and Office 2010. You will use powerful features of Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and more, to create an integrated set of tools providing you with powerful and yet simple solutions to business and team requirements. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover how to work with SharePoint content offline using Outlook and SharePoint Workspace and synchronise changes back into your sites. You will see how to publish content into SharePoint for users to view without the required Office application being present on their PC. You will manage documents and SharePoint content without needing access to the browser, providing a faster more productive means to complete work.
You will use SharePoint Designer to: connect to and display business data, create custom workflows, create branding for your site and export this information for re-use as a SharePoint solution package.
You will use SharePoint Designer to connect to and display business data, create custom workflows, create branding for your site and export this information for re-use as a SharePoint solution package.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Open and save documents to SharePoint Libraries from the Office applications
- Create, open and manage documents without using the browser
- Blog using Microsoft Word
- Integrate SharePoint content with Microsoft Excel
- Use SharePoint to broadcast slide show presentations
- Use live co-authoring to edit documents simultaneously with other users
- Manage content offline using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Workspace
- Add Web Parts pages to integrate and connect to Outlook account
Office Document Control
- Office 2010 Backstage
- Manage your SharePoint Sites Lists
- The Document Panel
- Office Web Apps
- Outlook Web Apps
- Library Properties in Documents
- Check Out/In
- Document Barcodes
- Blogging with Microsoft Word
- Transport Data from Excel to SharePoint
- Transport Data from SharePoint to Excel
- Synchronising Excel Data with SharePoint
- Slide Libraries
- Working with Pictures
- Broadcast Presentations
- What is Co-Authoring?
- Co-Authoring Interface
- Co-Authoring in Microsoft Word
- Co-Authoring in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Co-Authoring in other Applications
- Managing Connections
- Managing Content Offline
- Managing Alerts in Outlook
- SharePoint Calendar Invitations
- Outlook 2010 Social Connector
- Using SharePoint Workspace
- SharePoint Workspace Environment
- Working with Contacts
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is intended for those power users or site administrators who are able to create SharePoint sites, lists and web pages in SharePoint Designer 2010 and now want to extend their knowledge of the product to build data driven solutions, add workflow capabilities and brand a SharePoint site.
This course requires delegates to meet the following prerequisites:
- A good understanding of Windows
- Experience using Internet Explorer 7/8 or equivalent browser
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 equivalent to our 'SharePoint 2010 End-User - Introduction' course
- A good knowledge of the general Office 2010 applications is required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)