Microsoft Course 6235 - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services — A 3 day course
The Microsoft M6235 course teaches students how to implement an Integration Services solution in an organization.
The course discusses how to develop, deploy, and manage Integration Services packages.
After completing the Microsoft M6235 training course the student will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Integration Services and its tools
- Create an Integration Services package
- Implement control flow in an Integration Services package
- Implement data flow in an Integration Services package
- Implement logging in an Integration Services package
- Debug and implement error handling in an Integration Services package
- Implement checkpoints and transactions in an Integration Services package
- Deploy an Integration Services package
- Manage and secure an Integration Services package
Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
The students will be introduced to the role that Integration Services plays in extracting, transforming, and loading data. The students will also be introduced to the tools that are used to build and manage Integration Services solutions.
- Overview of SQL Server Integration Services
- Using Integration Services Tools
Developing Integration Services Solutions
The students will be introduced to the development tasks that are involved in creating an Integration Services package.
- Creating an Integration Services Solution
- Using Variables
- Building and Running a Solution
Implementing Control Flow
The students will be introduced to the tasks and precedence constraints that can be used to implement control flow in an Integration Services package.
- Control Flow Tasks
- Control Flow Precedent Constraints
- Control Flow Containers
Implementing Data Flow
The students will be introduced to the data flow sources, transformations, and destinations that can be used to implement a data flow task in an Integration Services control flow. It also explains how to use data flow paths to direct valid and invalid rows through the data flow.
- Data Flow Sources and Destinations
- Basic Data Flow Transformations
- Advanced Data Flow Transformations
- Data Flow Paths
The students will be introduced to how to use logging in an Integration Services package, and explained how to configure and use logging providers to generate information about a package's execution.
- Overview of Integration Services Logging
- Enabling and Configuring Logging
Debugging and Error Handling
The students will be introduced to how to debug Integration Services packages by using the debugging tools in Business Intelligence Development Studio. It then explains how to implement error-handling logic in an Integration Services package.
- Debugging a Package
- Implementing Error Handling
Implementing Checkpoints and Transactions
The students will be introduced to what checkpoints are and how to implement them. It then discusses transactions, and describes how to implement transactional data access logic in an Integration Services package.
- Implementing Checkpoints
- Implementing Transactions
Configuring and Deploying Packages
The students will be introduced to how to create Package Configurations and how to deploy Integration Services packages to production servers.
- Package Configurations
- Deploying Packages
Managing and Securing Packages
The students will be introduced to the management tasks that relate to Integration Services packages and explained how to perform those tasks by using the Integration Services management tools. It also describes how to secure Integration Services packages.
- Managing Packages
- Securing Packages
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The Microsoft MS6235 course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement data transfer or extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services.
Before attending the Microsoft 6235 course, students should have the following prerequisites:
Exposure to enterprise data import and export scenarios
Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE)
- SQL Server System tables
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions)
This course along with M6234 - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Service and M6236 - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-448.
When you pass Exam 70-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance.
Note this exam is also required for the MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification.