Adobe Photoshop Advanced — A 3 day course
Imagine how understanding how to use Photoshop's advanced features will revolutionise the way you work.
You have familiarised yourself with the basic image editing tools of Adobe Photoshop. Now, you need to explore more advanced features and improve your workflow. In this course you will work with advanced image handling tools and features available in Adobe Photoshop.
You will be prepared for and take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam at the end of this course.
Upon successful completion of this course be comfortable with producing advanced face retouching, manipulation techniques, use colour in Photoshop effectively, maximise the potential of Photoshop Brush engine, work with advanced compositions, automate their workflow.
Managing the Photoshop environment
- Creating tool presets
- Changing default preferences
- Customising keyboard shortcuts
- Recording actions
- Batch processing
- Creating and using colour settings
- ICC profiles explained
- Precise image calibration
Advanced Image Adjustments
- Retouching skin tones
- Sharpening with 'LAB' mode
- 'Black and white' conversion
- Photo filters
Accurate Image Calibration
- Creating panoramic images
- Using the 'vanishing point' window
- New in CS5: 'Puppet warp'
- 'Camera Raw' format
- 'HDR' images
Advanced Painting and Retouching
- The refine edge window in CS5
- Painting with the mixer brush
- The 'calculations' command
- Using 'smart filters'
- The 'liquify' window
- Lighting effects
- 3D controls
- Content-aware scale, heal and fill
Advanced Layer Composition
- 'Replace colour' and 'colour range'
- Working with the pen tool
- Advanced masking techniques
- Advanced blending mode techniques
- Creating type on a path
- Using spot colour channels
- Using clipping groups
- Creating stereoscopic images
- Using layer comps
- CS5 masking techniques
Advanced Outputting Features
- Creating animated GIF images for web
- Slicing images
- Printing from Photoshop
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The advanced course is for those who want to take their Photoshop skills to the next level. Target customers are:
- Advertising Agencies
- Marketing Agencies
- Production Houses for departments that work in such disciplines within larger organisations
You should have completed the Photoshop Introduction course or have relevant experience.