Extending Active Directory Schema to Manage Mac OS X Computers — A 1-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is has been replaced by Advanced Active Directory Integration 10.7.
The prospect of introducing the Mac into a well-tuned and functioning Windows environment brings with it many questions. Will Mac computers be able to access network resources? Can they be joined to an Active Directory domain? What type of deployment and management options are available for the Mac?
In this one day course, you will be guideed through how to modify the Active Directory schema to join Mac OS X systems to an Active Directory domain and apply Managed Preferences to each Mac system. After attending this course, you will be equipped to configure Active Directory to manage Mac users and computers with all the required security and organizational policies Apple support.
- Anyone wishing to manage Mac OS X clients using Active Directory.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Good networking experience
- A basic understanding of Mac OS X directory services
- Be familar with basic usage of Windows 2003/2008 server such as creating users and share points
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Active Directory schema and how it works with the Mac
- Simplifying Mac deployment by extending Active Directory schema object classes and attributes
Best Practices using optimal processes and proven tools such as Microsoft's Active Directory Schema Analyzer and Workgroup Manager
- Applying step-by-step instructions for modifying Active Directory schema to support Mac systems