Mac OS X Deployment v10.6 — A 3-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Apple page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This Apple's Mac OS X Deployment v10.6 training course is a 3 day leader led course with plenty of hands on labs that provides a really in-depth look at how to deploy Mac OS X systems. The course covers a range of topics from deploying single files to the deployment of multiple Mac OS X systems. Through out the course students will use a number of Apple tools including NetBoot, Software Update Server, Remote Desktop, System Image Utility and Package Maker.
- This class is for Mac OS X system administrators who need to know how to streamline the process of installing and configuring a large number of computers running Mac OS X.
- Understanding of Mac OS X
- Basic troubleshooting experience or Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.6
- Basic Mac OS X Server experience or Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6
- Experience with Mac OS X in a network environment
- Experience using the command-line interface with Mac OS X
This course covers a portion of the knowledge necessary to become an Apple Certified System Administrator 10.6. ACSA certification is granted upon successful completion of the Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6, Mac OS X Directory Services v10.6, Mac OS X Deployment v10.6, and Mac OS X Security and Mobility v10.6 exam.
Exam booked with course: £101 + VAT
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Overview of what planning is required to develop a strategy for a deployment scenario
Deploying Individual Items and Containers
- How to deploy single files, archives and containers to Mac OS X systems using Apple Remote Desktop and Mac OS X Server
- The differences between packages, bundles and archives
- Handling resource forks
Deploying with Installation Packages
- Apple's installer technology
- Custom installation packages using Apple's Package Maker
Deploying Entire Systems
- How to create full system images for a complete deployment of Mac OS X
- The differences between cloned systems and modular systems
Using NetBoot for Deployment
- Install and configure Apple's NetBoot service
- Configure NetBoot to deploy images created in previous labs to computers over a network
Postimaging Deployment Considerations
- Post imaging tasks
- Apply post installation configuration such as renaming the computers and binding them to a directory server
- Keep your Mac OS X clients updated via the Apple Software Update server and Remote Desktop