Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6 — A 4-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Apple page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Apple's Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6 training course is a 4 day leader led course, with plenty of hands on labs that provides a really in-depth look at how to install, manage and troubleshoot Mac OS X Server. You will install and configure Mac OS X Server to provide various network services including File Sharing, Mail, Authentication, collaboration and deployment.
- Help-desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using Mac OS X Server.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Basic Mac OS X knowledge
- Experience with Mac OS X in a network environment
- Basic troubleshooting experience
Demonstrate your knowledge of Mac OS X Server v10.6, and take the Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6 exam. Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.6 certification is granted on successful completion of both the Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6 exam and the Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.6 exam.
Mac OS X Server Essentials v10.6 is also one of four module for the Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA).
Exam booked with course: £101 + VAT
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Installing & Configuring Mac OS X Server
- Install Mac OS X Server
- Understanding the different roles supported
- Various administration tools available as well as how to troubleshoot a failed installation
Authentication, Authorization, and Authorizing Accounts
- How to create user and group accounts
- Controlling access to resources by using passwords
- posix and acl permissions
Using Open Directory
- Apple's directory services implementation, Open Directory
- Understand the various types of directory server available and why we use them
- How to troubleshoot and backup the contents of the directory server
Using File Services
- Configure and troubleshoot the various file sharing services built into Mac OS X including Apple File Services, SMB, NFS and FTP
Hosting Mail Services
- Configure Apple Mail server
- Integrating Apple Mail Server with the other collaboration services available in Mac OS X Server
Managing Web Services
- Configure a traditional multiple site web server as well as how enable security and WebDAV access
Using Collaborative Services
- Learn how to configure and use the various collaboration services including Wikis, blogs, iChat and iCal
Implementing Deployment Solutions
- Understand Apple's deployment services
- How to build NetInstall, NetRestore and NetBoot images
- Understand the infrastructure required to host a deployment solution
- Manage your Mac OS X clients with Managed Preferences
- What you can manage, how the management works and how to troubleshoot and problems