Apple Mac Mavericks 201 OS X Server Essentials v10.9 — A 3 day course
The Apple Mavericks 201 OS X Server Essentials 10.9 course teaches technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the correct and expert skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server.
During the course you will learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, DHCP, and collaboration services. You will also learn about the tools required for efficiently managing and deploying OS X and software updates.
The course uses a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises, providing a practical learning experience.
- Save time and money by efficiently supporting your OS X users
- Demonstrate that you are more than capable at handling troubleshooting and user requests
- Get Certified, and build on your credibility and reputation with your clients
Configuring and Monitoring OS X Server
- Server installation
- Providing DNS
- Exploring the Server App
- Configuring SSL
- Using Status and Notifications
- Backing Up Mavericks Server
- Managing Local Accounts
- Configuring Open Directory services
- Managing Local Network Accounts
Managing Devices with Configuration Profiles
- Configuring OS X Server to Provide Device Management
- Managing with Profile Manager
Providing File Services
- Providing File Sharing Services
- Understanding File Access
Implementing Deployment Solutions
- Leveraging NetInstall
- Implementing Software Update Service
Providing Network Services
- Hosting Network based Backups (Time Machine)
- Providing Security via the VPN Service
- Providing DHCP Service
- Hosting Websites
Using Collaborative Services
- Providing Mail Services
- Configuring the Wiki Service
- Implementing Calendar Service
- Providing Messages Service
- Configuring Contacts Service
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and others who support Mac users.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Basic OS X knowledge
- Experience with OS X in a network environment
- Basic troubleshooting experience
- Support Essentials 10.9
Demonstrate your knowledge of OS X Server v10.9, and take the OS X Server Essentials v10.9 exam. Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.9 certification is granted on successful completion of both the OS X Server Essentials v10.9 exam and the OS X Support Essentials v10.9 exam.