Xsan 2 Administrator — A 3-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Apple page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Learn how to implement and administer Xsan 2, Apple's enterprise file system designed for storage area networks (SAN). Take advantage of Xsan 2's built-in flexibility and create shared volumes on your SAN compatible with third-party products, maximizing the return on your storage investment. Use the skills, tools, and knowledge from this course to set up, manage, and monitor the SAN that's right for your organization.
The three-day Xsan 2 Administration course focuses on deploying storage area networks. Students configure, performance tune, and troubleshoot a storage area network using Apple's Xsan 2 tools. The course also covers storage resource management and data protection. A combination of lecture and hands-on exercises provides practical real-world experience.
- This class is for system administrators, network engineers, analysts, and IT professionals who are responsible for analyzing business and technical requirements and architecting, implementing, or maintaining storage networking solutions using Xsan 2.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Basic storage knowledge
- Practical working knowledge of computers
- Basic networking fundamentals
- Server basics
- Basic file-serving knowledge
- Directory services fundamentals
This course covers a portion of the knowledge necessary to become an Apple Certified System Administrator 10.6. ACSA certification is granted upon successful completion of the Mac OS X Server Essentials 10.6, Mac OS X Directory Services v10.6, Mac OS X Deployment v10.6, and Mac OS X Security and Mobility v10.6.
Exam fee: £101 + VAT
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- What is a SAN?
- What's new in Xsan 2?
- Xsan 2 Components
- Xsan 2 Connections
- MDC & Client Configuration
- RAID Configuration
- Configuring the SAN and Xsan 2 Volumes
- Access Controls
- Home Folders & Xsan 2
- Volume Configuration
- Advanced Settings
- Performance Tuning
- Growing the SAN
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Xsan Command LIne Tools
- Startup & Shutdown Process
- Defining the Requirements
- Designing the Deployment