BCS Certificate in Benefits Management and Business Acceptance — A 3 day course
This course has been created for those requiring an understanding of how business benefits are managed to facilitate their delivery.
The course includes important contemporary best-practice based, in part, on the Cranford School of Management approach of John Ward and Elizabeth Daniel.
The delivery of business benefits also relies on effective testing and implementation of business solutions and the course also covers these areas. Our approach is to underpin theoretical concepts with a realistic case study through which participants can gain experience of applying the benefits management and business acceptance techniques.
The course is supported by a comprehensive course manual and is delivered by trainers with practical experience of benefits management, benefits realisation and business acceptance.
Rationale for Business Success
- Lifecycle for business change
- The role and importance of benefits management
- The role and importance of business acceptance
Drivers for Business Change
- The mission and strategy of the organisation
- Value propositions
- External environment factors
- Alignment with the business environment
The Business Case
- Structure and content of the business case
- Categories of business benefit
- Measuring benefits
- Timing for quantifying benefits
Benefits Management and Planning
- Benefit owners
- The Benefits Plan
- Benefits dependencies
User Acceptance Testing - principles and approach
- Principles and vocabulary of testing
- The test process and approaches to testing
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Test documentation
The Model Office
- The scope of acceptance testing
- Time issues and testing
- Attributes of testing staff
Test Design Techniques
- Activity Diagrams
- Decision Tables
- State Machine Diagrams
- The Test Plan
- Progress monitoring and control
- Incident management
- Confirmation testing
- The Test Summary Report
Reviews and Benefits Management
- Gateways - scheduled and unscheduled
- Assessing impact - projects, business and environmental
Implementation of Business Solutions
- Planning the implementation
- Implementation strategies
- Training approaches
- Testing competence
Delivery of Business Benefits
- Embedding the benefits
- Disaggregating benefits
- Fragmentation of benefits
- Identifying and evaluating further benefits
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
London — £1245 (+VAT)
This course prepares participants to sit the examination for the BCS Professional Certification (ISEB) in Benefits Management and Business Acceptance.
Candidates are required to pass a one-hour open book examination in order to acquire the certification.
This certificate is a specialist module for the Business Analysis Diploma.
The exam fee is included in the course price.