Web & Social Media Marketing for Business — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the RETIRED page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Discover the Power of Social Media!
This social media training class is an overview class targeting managers and decision makers. The course addresses what social media is and how businesses can use it. Unlike other social media courses, we do not try to convince you that you must be using social media. Rather, this social media course gives you the tools and knowledge you need to make that decision for yourself.
The class introduces social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, and social media tools such as blogs and wikis.
Special attention is given to Facebook and Twitter where you will have hands on training setting up these media for your own business.
This training course will enable delegates to:
- Learn what social media is and how businesses are using it.
- Learn about the opportunities that social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube present.
- Learn about social media tools and how they can help your business.
- Learn what you need to do to create an effective social media plan.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Facebook and Twitter marketing.
This course is intended for:
- Advertising and marketing professionals
- Individuals interested in personal brand-building
- Business owners seeking to increase visibility and improve customer experience
- Anyone who wants to use social media to build and serve online communities
Although there are no formal qualifications required to attend this course, delegates should have an understanding of basic computer skills and have an open mind about where the future of the web might be going.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- The who, what, where, when, why and how of Social media
- The Big 4:
- Audio, video, and other senses
- Creating a story and building your community
- Finding your customers and fans
- How to engage and not spam
- Best practices
- The 4 basic marketing approaches and social media's application in them
- Setting up your personal profile
- Adding friends to your personal profile
- Using friends lists to control who sees what
- Customising privacy setting
Facebook Pages and fans
- Introducing pages
- Setting up a Facebook Business Page
- Adding content
- Sending notes to fans
- Updating your fans
- Adding admins and editing settings
- Linking your blog feed to facebook
- Adding apps to your page
Hosting your own Facebook events
- All about events
- Checking our friends events
- Looking at events in detail
- Adding, Browsing, searching, creating events
- Customizing an event
- Managing and publicizing your event
Introduction to Facebook advertising
- Welcome to advertising
- News Feed advertising with posted items
- Using ads
- Creating an ad
- Optimising and monitoring you advertising
- Introducing Applications
- Finding Facebook Applications
- Using prebuilt Applications
Facebook Groups and members
- Introducing Groups
- Creating a Facebook Group
- Sending inbox messages to Groups
Twitter - Reading and Writing Updates
- Reading updates
- Writing updates
- Including a link in and update
- Deleting an update
- Marking an update as a favourite
Interacting with others and build a following
- Viewing another users profile
- Following a Twitter User
- Sending an @ reply
- Sending a direct text
- Seeing who you follow and who follows you
- Unfollow and Blocking a user
- Quantity vs Quality
- Finding users by name
- Finding users to follow
- Searching for tweets
- Using advanced search options
The Art of Tweet
- Tweet etiquette
- The benefits of following before twittering
- How to join a conversation
- How to be interesting on twitter
Using Twitter to Help build your brand
- Create a story
- Portraying your brand with your profile
- Tweet Style
- Reinforce the core message
- Writing the tweets
The magic of connecting with customers on Twitter
- Identifying problems and soliciting feedback
- Discovering your top fans, promoters and evangelists
Adding Twitter to websites and blogs
- Using the twitter badge
- Automatically tweeting new blog posts
- Driving followers to a website
Tracking results and testing strategies
- Using third party tools