CXD-203 Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions — A 5 day course
The Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutionscourse provides students with the skills required to effectively support a Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Subsequent versions of this course will be based on the final product code of XenDesktop 7.
Upon completion of this early release course, students will learn how to successfully manage, monitor, support and troubleshoot a XenDesktop 7 solution, which includes growing the implementation to accommodate changes in the environment (adding new apps, new users, new desktops) and troubleshooting common issues.
- Understand the XenDesktop 7 architecture, components, and communication
- Delegate administration and manage licenses
- Manage and monitor the hypervisor
- Manage apps and desktops
- Manage StoreFront and external access
- Manage policies
- Manage user profiles
- Manage sessions, sites, and users
- Manage printing
- Manage Provisioning Services and Personal vDisks
This course is offered as an instructor-led workshop with demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises in a live lab environment.
- ILT and vILT courses offer lab access during the duration of the course.
- Understanding an XenDesktop 7 Solution Architecture
- Delegating Administration and Managing Licenses
- Managing and Monitoring the Hypervisor
- Managing Apps and Desktops
- Managing StoreFront and External Access
- Managing Policies
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Sessions, Sites, and Users
- Managing Printing
- Managing Personal vDisks and Provisioning Services
- Course Conclusion
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £2295 (+VAT)
Leeds — £2295 (+VAT)
London — £2295 (+VAT)
Manchester — £2295 (+VAT)
This course is recommended for operators, including Administrators and Engineers, that need to manage an existing XenDesktop 7 app and desktop solution. Students will have the skills to successfully support a XenDesktop 7 solution that a majority of Citrix customers implement today.
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, specifically:
- Active Directory
- Groups and User Accounts
- Organizational Units
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8 user interfaces
- Experience with SQL Server 2012, specifically:
- General understanding of databases, permissions, security, clustering/mirroring, HA
- Basic networking knowledge
- Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
- Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Basics of Citrix licensing
- Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
- Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
- Basic understanding of certificates, the role of Certificate Authorities, certificate types
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7 - a free on-line course is available here CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7"
Delegates have the option of taking the associated exam:-
- 1Y1-200 Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions
The exam in not taken as part of the course nor it is included in the course fee.