CXD-300 Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions — A 5 day course
The Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions course provides students with the skills required to successfully deploy a complete Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Subsequent versions of this course will be based on the final product code of XenDesktop 7.
Throughout this early release course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenServer, XenDesktop, Citrix License Server, MCS, PVS, Personal vDisk, Storefront, NetScaler (ICA Proxy, Load Balancing, Endpoint Analysis) and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build an environment including all XenDesktop 7 components from scratch.
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Set up the hypervisor
- Set up the infrastructure components
- Set up XenDesktop 7 components
- Configure XenDesktop 7 resources (server OS hosted desktop, server OS hosted apps, and desktop OS hosted desktops)
- Configure profiles and policies
- Set up and migrate to Provisioning Services
- Test the environment in preparation for rollout
This course is offered as an instructor-led workshop with demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises in a live lab environment. Provided is the topic outline for the Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions Early Release course:
- Understanding XenDesktop 7
- Setting Up the Hypervisor
- Setting up the Infrastructure Components
- Setting up the Citrix Infrastructure
- Setting up XenDesktop 7 Resources
- Setting up Policies
- Configuring Provisioning Services
- Preparing the Environment for Rollout
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
This course is recommended for solution designers such as Architects, Consultants and Engineers. Students will gain hands-on experience installing and configuring app and desktop solutions from the ground up, as well as testing their implementations prior to rollout.
Leaving the class, students will have the skills to successfully deploy XenDesktop 7 solutions that a majority of Citrix customers implement today.
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, including:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Terminal Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Performance Monitoring
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7 - a free on-line course is available here CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7"
- CXD-203 Managing XenDesktop 7 Solutions
Delegates have the option of taking the associated exam:-
- 1Y1-300 Deploying XenDesktop 7 Solutions exam
The exam in not taken as part of the course nor it is included in the course fee.