CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution — A 5 day course
The CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution course provides students with the foundation necessary to effectively plan for and perform the tasks required to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment.
Upon completion, students will be able to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution.
This hands-on curriculum includes exercises that teach students best practices for securing the environment, monitoring the different components in the environment, backing-up critical systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
- Prepare the storage NICs, resource pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host.
- Configure Provisioning Services for the environment.
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm and provision new XenApp servers.
- Manage user personalization settings with Citrix Profile management.
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop.
- Configuring Access Gateway VPX.
- Increasing password security using Single Sign-on.
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight.
- Reducing power consumption with Power and Capacity Management.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as Server, Network and Systems Engineers.
Systems Integrators, Systems Administrators and Application Engineers are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners possess the following:
- Experience using the following Citrix products:
- Citrix XenServer 5.6 or higher
- Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 or higher
- Citrix XenApp 6.0 or higher
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or higher
- Experience using Windows Server 2008, including:
- Active Directory
- Terminal Services
- Performance Monitoring
- Base OS, including server roles
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server2
Completion of the following courses or demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
Citrix credentials distinguish an elite set of IT professionals who have proven their expertise in Citrix solutions, opening doors to a multitude of personal and professional rewards. Organised into three levels of certification based on job roles, Citrix certification is the the best way to prove knowledge and experience to employers, hiring managers or clients.
Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE) for Virtualization
For seasoned professionals, the CCEE certifies the ability to integrate multiple Citrix products into a comprehensive virtualization solution, as well as smoothly plan and execute Citrix implementations.
Step 1: Attain CCA Certifications for:
Citrix XenApp 6 (Prepare with CXA-206 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration)
Citrix XenServer 6 (Prepare with CXS-203 Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration)
Citrix XenDesktop 5 (Prepare with CXD-202-1 Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration)
Step 2: CCAA for Citrix XenApp 6 (Prepare with CXA-301 Citrix Xenapp 6.5 Advanced Administration)
Step 3: Exam A25 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution
Prepare with CVE-401 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution
To complete this certification, candidates must agree to the CCEE for Virtualisation program agreement.
In order to adequately prepare for a Citrix certification exam, it is highly recommend that individuals take the related preparatory training. Each training course focuses on building a skill set that addresses complex testing scenarios, but more importantly, the demands of on-the-job problem solving.
In addition to taking the recommended training courses, know what to expect on test day by downloading the related certification exam prep guide. Each exam prep guide provides important information you will need to be successful, including the skills measured, topics covered, exam format, and most importantly, the recommended preparation. Access exam prep guides by logging into http://training.citrix.com/cms/education/certification/
Exams are not included as part of the course nor in the course fee.
Book your exam with Pearson VUE Testing Services
Details of all Citrix Certifications will be found at the following link:-
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- ISO Storage
- Pre-Installation Considerations
- Optimizing XenServer
Provisioning Services Integration
- Network Support of Streaming
- vDisk Types
- High Availability
- Write-Cache Location
- Provisioning Services with XenApp3
- XenApp Configurations
- Profile Management
- XenApp Security
- XenApp Farm Migration
Virtual Desktop Components
- Capacity Planning
- Application Delivery Methods in a Virtual Desktop
- XenDesktop Security
Virtual Environment Monitoring
- Monitoring Best Practices
Virtual Environment Maintenance
- XenApp, XenDesktop, and Virtual Machine Backup
- Protecting Critical Systems
- Single Sign-on
- Workflow Studio Overview
- Power and Capacity Management