CXA-205-1I Basic Administration for Citrix XenApp 6.5 - Skills Update — A 3 day course
This Citrix Xenapp 6.5 skills upgrade course is based around the standard course materials for CXA206-1 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration. Standard CXA206-1 manuals will be supplied and all labs from the CXA206-1 course will be completed. However only the modules detailed in the outline below will be formally delivered in class.
The Basic Administration for Citrix XenApp 6.5 Skills Update course is an update from Presentation Server 4.0 / XenApp Presentation Server 4.5 / XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008 and provides you an overview about the new features for an effective use and the administration of XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2.
In this course, students will be introduced to the new features in XenApp 6.5. Through instructor-led discussions and hands-on training, students will learn what's new in XenApp 6.5, review new Services, Citrix Licensing updates, Console changes, policies, HDX and Application Streaming enhancements.
Learners will receive hands-on training for installing Citrix XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and the associated Citrix plug-ins, as well as for using administrative consoles and tools to configure resources, policies, server and server farm settings, virtualized applications and more.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Identify the new features in XenApp 6.5
- Install and initially configure XenApp 6.5 in a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment
- Add and configure worker groups
- Create and configure policies, apply filters and use policy modeling tools
- Configure License Administration Console ports and administrators
- Install Citrix Receiver for Windows
- Application Streaming Enhancements
- HDX Enhancements
- Identify the components of Citrix Merchandising Server
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network, systems and help desk administrators with experience administering Microsoft Windows environments containing Citrix XenApp 4 or XenApp5.
Systems engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects with Citrix XenApp 4 or 5 experience are also appropriate candidates for this course.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have experience using Windows Server 2008, including an understanding of Active Directory, policies and profiles and knowledge regarding administering users, home directories, user profiles and security.
Learners should also have previous experience administering Citrix XenApp (Presentation Server 4.0 or higher), or completed the following courses:
- CTX-1259 Citrix XenApp for Windows Server 2003 Administration
- CXA-2012 Implementing Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008
Details of all Citrix Certifications will be found at the following link:-
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Introducing Xenapp
- Licensing Xenapp
- Installing Xenapp
- Configuring Xenapp Administration
- Streaming Applications
- Configuring Policies
- Optimising the environment
- Configuring Self Service Applications
- Monitoring Xenapp
- Additional Components
All labs from CXA206-1 will be completed