CompTIA A+ Practical Application (2009 Objectives) — A 5 day course
This course has been replaced by the new CompTIA A+ 2012 Certification 220-802 Support Skills course.
During this course you will install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure system components
- Troubleshoot system component.
- Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows
- Identify network technologies
- Install and manage network connections
- Support laptops and portable computing devices
- Support printers
- Identify personal computer security concepts
- Support personal computer security
The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills and essential computer support skills and knowledge (such as describing personal computer hardware components; installing and configuring peripherals, input devices, laptop components, and operating systems; performing basic troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance; describing basic networking and security concepts; performing basic safety and environmental procedures; and using appropriate communication skills) who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician.
In addition, this course will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA A+ Certification.
Students taking this course should have taken the CompTIA A Certification: Essentials (2009 Objectives) course, or have equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience.
This course prepares delegates to sit the CompTIA A+ Certification Practical Application exam (code 220-702). The exam consists of 100 questions to be answered within 90 minutes.
Please note the exam is not taken at the end of the course nor is the exam included in the course fee.
Other CompTIA Examinations
CompTIA Network+ Certification Support Skills helps prepare for the CompTIA Network+ (2011 Objectives) N10-005 exam.
CompTIA Security+ Certification helps to prepare delegates for the SY0-301 exam.
CompTIA Server+ Certification helps to prepare delegates for the SK0-003 exam.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Installing and Configuring System Components
- Install and Configure Adapter Cards
- Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Select and Install Power Supplies
- Select and Install Memory
- Select, Install, and Configure CPUs and Cooling System Units
- Install and Configure System Boards
Troubleshooting System Components
- Troubleshoot Adapter Cards
- Troubleshoot Storage Devices
- Troubleshoot Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot Memory
- Troubleshoot CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Troubleshoot System Boards
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Operating System Utilities
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows
- Recover Microsoft Windows
- Network Communications
- Network Connectivity
- Internet Technologies
Installing and Managing Network Connections
- Create Network Connections
- Install and Configure Web Browsers
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Network Connections
Supporting Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Laptop and Portable Computing Device Components
- Install and Configure Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Printers
Personal Computer Security Concepts
- Security Fundamentals
- Security Protection Measures
- Data and Physical Security
- Install and Secure a Wireless Network
Supporting Personal Computer Security
- Install and Configure Security Measures
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Security Measures