ITIL Fast Track Service Strategy & Service Design — A 5 day course
This course is no longer available from GBdirect.
The ITIL® Intermediate Certificates in Service Strategy and Service Design form part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL® Service Management Expert qualification.
In order to maximise the use of your valuable time, this course combines two of the ITIL® Intermediate modules into one intensive Fast Track course that will give candidates a deep level of understanding of the management and control of Service Strategy and Service Design and the interfaces between them and the other stages of the Service Lifecycle.
This ITIL® course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Strategy and Service Design lifecycle phases.
Delegates will receive a copy of ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy and Service Design Fast Track courseware along with the Service Strategy and Service Design volumes of the ITIL® Core Books.
The course is intensive and interactive combining presentation sessions and group exercises with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study delegates will be able to sit the ITIL® Intermediate examinations in Service Strategy and Service Design both worth 3 credits.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Strategy and Service Design in the overall context of Service Management
- Understand Service Strategy and Service Design Principles and Processes
- Carry out common Service Strategy and Service Design activities
- Organise Service Strategy and Service Design effectively
- Recognise Service Strategy and Service Design technology-related activities
- Understand how to implement Service Strategy and Service Design
- Understand and analyse challenges
- Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Strategy and Service Design
Introduction to Service Strategy and Service Design
- Objectives and Scope
- Business Value
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- What is Governance?
- How Service Strategy Relates to Governance
- Governance Framework
- Governance Bodies
- Setting the Strategy for Governance
Service Strategy Principles
- Approach to Strategy
- Strategy and Opposing Dynamics
- Outperforming Competitors
- The Four Ps of Service Strategy
- Assets - Customer
- Service and Strategic
- Service Providers
- Defining Services
- Strategies for Customer Satisfaction
- Service Economics
- Sourcing Strategy
- Strategy Inputs and Outputs
Service Design Principles
- Balanced Design
- Service Requirements
- Design Activities
- Service Design Models
Service Strategy Processes
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management for IT Services
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
Service Design Processes
- Design Coordination
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
Organising Service Strategy and Service Design
- Organisational Context and Design and Development
- Organisational DepartmentalisationService Owner and Business Relationship
- Manager Roles
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Service Automation
- Service Interfaces
- Requirements Engineering
- Data and Information Management
- Applications Management
- Tools for Service Strategy and Service Design
Implementing and Improving Service Strategy and Service Design
- The Impact of Service Strategy on Other Lifecycle Stages
- Implementation through the Lifecycle
- Following a Lifecycle Approach
Challenges, CSFs and Risks
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Strategy and Service Design phases of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how they may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Strategy and Service Design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes functions and activities involved as well as those who are seeking the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications.
Delegates will sit the Intermediate Service Strategy examination on the third day of the course and the Intermediate Service Design examination on the final day of the course.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part scenario-based, gradient-scoring)
- Closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)