ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle — A 5 day course
This course is no longer available from GBdirect.
The intent of the Managing across the Lifecycle (MALC) qualification is to give candidates the skills to support an organization's service delivery by bridging the service lifecycle stages.
The qualification demonstrates that candidates have learned the value of one combined service management practice as opposed to separate subject areas.
ITIL® processes and practices, as learnt from the lifecycle and capability streams of the intermediate certificates, are put into a context of delivering this value.
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification in Managing across the Lifecycle Certificate is the final module in the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that lead to the ITIL® Expert in Service Management.
This course is the final step in achieving the ITIL® Expert qualification
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Individuals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management certificate, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management, for which the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management certificate is a prerequisite
- Please be aware, this course also provides 35 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification
Candidates must have a total of at least 17 credits:
- 2 credits from the ITIL® Foundation Certificate
- 15 credits (minimum) from a balanced combination of ITIL® Service Lifecycle and ITIL® Service Capability Certificates
Documentary evidence of all credits must be presented by candidates for the MALC qualification. Failure to comply with these pre-requisites will result in candidates results being withheld by the BCS.
Candidates will be provided with a case study prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend at least 28 hours reviewing both their ITIL® Foundation and Intermediate course material prior to attending the MALC course.
- The exam duration will be 2 hours
- It will be case study based - which is used during the course to allow familiarisation prior to the exam
- There are 10 questions with graduated scoring, mostly using the case study
- The pass mark is 70%
The exam is included in the course and taken on the last day.