Operating Juniper Networks WX Application Acceleration Platforms (OJWX) — A 3-day course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Juniper page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This three day, instructor led course focuses on installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and operational analysis of the WAN Acceleration (WX) and WAN Acceleration Cache (WXC) platforms. The course covers an overview of WX platform concepts and then moves on to initial installation using Quick Setup.
The WebView graphical user interface (GUI) is used to configure and manage the main features of the WX platform: compression (using Molecular Sequence Reduction and Network Sequence Caching), Packet Flow Acceleration (TCP application acceleration), Application Flow Acceleration (which speeds up CIFS, Microsoft Exchange, and HTTP traffic), and implementation of qualityofservice (QoS) policies.
In the labs, students configure and test all these features. The WX Framework's exceptional monitoring and reporting capabilities are featured throughout, and the course ends with an introduction to the WX Central Management System (CMS) software.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the elements of the WX Framework and the various WX and WXC platforms
- Explain WX concepts such as communities, topologies, registration servers, and service tunnels
- Perform initial configuration of the WX platform
- Identify the various ways a WX platform can obtain routing information
- Configure and troubleshoot compression and caching
- Describe and configure the components of outbound QoS
- Describe, configure, and troubleshoot Packet Flow Acceleration
- Describe, configure, and troubleshoot Application Flow Acceleration
- Describe and demonstrate the WX platform's monitoring capabilities
- Upgrade WXOS software and maintain configuration files
- View and save the system and access control logs
- Export data and generate support files
- Explain the capabilities of the WX CMS software
This course is intended for network engineers, support personnel, reseller support personnel, and anyone responsible for implementing the WX and WXC product features covered in this course.
Attendees are expected to have a basic understanding of:
- Routers and the TCP/IP protocols
- Switches including VLANs
- WAN protocols including:
- Frame Relay
This course has been retired and is no longer available.