Stepping up to Management — A 3 day course
Developing management abilities is key to the growth of both the individual and the company. It is imperative that new supervisors and managers acquire a foundation of relevant skills upon which to build their career.
Companies also need managers to motivate and drive teams; there is a huge benefit in terms of work and time saved by managers who are confident in what they're doing and who can motivate teams to accomplish what they have planned.
This course is blend of highly interactive training exercises and expert teaching, and delivers and embeds the key skills needed to succeed in management. Facilitated learning outcomes are matched with capturing individuals; objectives to make for real and practical learning.
Reflection, self-awareness, and time to develop strategies enables transformation. All this activity is supported by action planning and profiling tools. A unique combination of theory and practice makes for powerful and sustained development.
Delegates will be given a competency tool to identify leadership and management actions. This development tool is used throughout the programme to plan next steps and monitor growth, both in practical terms and for future learning.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the key characteristics of a great leader
- Explain the similarities and differences between management and leadership skills
- Identify the difference between a group and a team
- Describe your preferred styles of leadership and the impact of your behaviour on others, recognise how teams evolve and assess your own team's evolutionary position
- Assert yourself in your role and deal with challenging situations
- Communicate effectively in writing
- Organise your time and prepare, design and conduct meetings for maximum effect
- Define effective verbal and non-verbal communication and its role in developing and maintaining trust with team members
- Design effective goals and targets
- Review the advantages and risks of giving and receiving feedback
- Identify and have actionable steps for increasing your leadership and management effectiveness
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £1295 (+VAT)
Leeds — £1295 (+VAT)
London — £1295 (+VAT)
Manchester — £1295 (+VAT)
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course by email. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials
If you have not received your pre-reading material within two weeks of the start of your course, please contact us