McAfee Email Gateway System Administration — A 4-day course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
McAfee Email Gateway System Administration (formerly known as Ironmail) provides a detailed review of Email Gateway configuration, explanation of how messages flow through Email Gateway and the Web Administrator and User Interface.
The course combines lectures and practical lab exercises with significant time allocated for hands-on interaction with the Email Gateway user interface. This course is the perfect course to prepare new customers and new employees for more advanced real world administration. It provides a detailed review of the Email Gateway Command Line Interface and advanced troubleshooting techniques through both lecture and practical lab exercises. The course concludes with a written and practical examination.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- List Key Email Gateway Components
- Describe Common Email Gateway Integration Issues
- Implement and Customize Email Gateway Compliance Features
- Implement and Customize Email Gateway Intrusion Defender Features
- Implement and Customize Anti-Virus Scanning and Anti-Spam Features
- Customize Email Gateway Auditing and Reporting
- Perform Configuration Backups and Restores
It is recommended that the students should have:
- Working knowledge of Windows administration and System Administration concepts
- A basic understanding of computer security concepts and networking concepts
- An understanding of basic UNIX commands
- Working knowledge of Internet services including: DNS, Sendmail, FTP and WWW services, Internet protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.) and their usage routing and connectivity flow (LAN, WAN, Internet)
This course has been retired and is no longer available.