Microsoft Course 55021 - Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 — A 3 day course
This course has been retired. Please review the Virtualization portfolio for available courses.
The Microsoft M55021 three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
Students will learn the history of Virtualization as it pertains to Microsoft technologies.
Students will learn the new features of Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
After completing this course students will be able to install, configure, and administer Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
Students will also be able to describe the High Availability features built into Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Microsoft's virtualization technologies
- Implement Hyper-V
- Design and Manage virtual machine storage solutions
- Design and Manage virtual networks
- Design the Hyper-V host architecture
- Design the virtual machine architecture
- Design a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure
- Describe and manage Hyper-V Snapshots
- Describe Hyper-V host and virtual machine high availability
- Describe storage options for Virtual Machines
- Describe the different types of virtual hard disks
- Describe the Hyper-V integration services
- Describe Live Migration
- Understand Storage Migration
- Understand Virtual Machine Import
This course is intended for Network Administrators who are responsible for virtualization in their environment specifically Hyper-V.
Before attending the Microsoft MS50221 course, students must have:
- Deep understanding of Virtualization technologies
- Prior experience with Hyper-V or other virtualization technologies
- Previous storage configuration experience
- Previous networking configuration experience
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Planning for Virtualization
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Assessment of Virtualization Candidates
- Planning for Virtualization
Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Import
Configure Networking in Hyper-V
- Advanced features of Virtual Network Adapters
- Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Hyper-V Extensible Switch
Scale-up Virtual Machines
- Overview of Scale-up options in Windows Server 2012
- Non-uniform memory access (NUMA)
- Hyper-v Scale Comparison
Hyper-V Replica and Disaster Recovery
- Overview of Hyper-V Replica
- Configuring Hyper-V Replica
- Hyper-V Replica Failover Operations
- Hyper-V Backup
- Live Migration Overview
- Storage Migration Overview
- Live Migration Security
- Live Migration using SMB