Microsoft Course 50093 - Deploying and Administering Microsoft Forefront Client Security — A 3-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft Security page for courses currently available in this subject area.
In this M50093 course delegates will learn critical deployment and administration skills in this 400-level instructor-led course on Microsoft Forefront Client Security. Targeted at systems integrators, consultants, and deployment partners, this three-day class includes lecture and hands-on labs and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
On completion of this M50093 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe the Forefront Client Security components and architecture, and identify the different server roles
- Complete and troubleshoot the server setup process, identify various server topologies, and describe basic MOM concepts and the MOM agent
- Identify Forefront Client Security client component characteristics and describe the client setup and deployment processes
- Understand Forefront Client Security administration and user roles, Forefront Client Security Policy UI settings and policy deployments, and know how to troubleshoot the Management Console
- Understand the reporting services infrastructure used by Forefront Client Security
- Use Forefront Client Security reports and alerting services, and troubleshoot reporting procedures
- Describe the security state assessment (SSA) component of Forefront Client Security, and understand its architecture
- Describe the object processor and manifest update in SSA
- Review the SSA Security Check messages and results
- Review methods and procedures used to submit malware to Microsoft for analysis
This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Windows Server certifications or deployment experience and be familiar with the Forefront product line: Client, Server, and Edge.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
This module provides an overview of the Forefront Client Security components and architecture. It describes what to expect from the product, and what modules will be covered on what days.
- Forefront Product Overview
- Forefront Client Security
- Microsoft Forefront Client Security Components
- Training Modules
Forefront Client Security Server Roles and Topologies
This module explains the various roles involved on the server side of a Forefront Client Security infrastructure, as well as how they relate to each other in the various possible topologies.
- Forefront Client Security Server Roles
- Collection Server
- Collection Server Database
- Reporting Server
- Reporting Database Server
- Forefront Client Security Server Setup
- Role Installation Steps
- Server Topologies
- SQL Server Database Sizing
- Configuration Wizard
- MOM Concepts
- Forefront Client Security Server Setup Troubleshooting
Forefront Client Security Client
This module explains the Forefront Client Security client setup configuration and deployment.
- General Information
- MOM Agent
- Client Setup
- Client Deployment Planning
- Forefront Client Security Client Deployment Methods
Forefront Client Security Management
This module explains Forefront Client Security management.
- Administration Dashboard
- Forefront Client Security Policy Deployment
- Forefront Client Security Management Console Troubleshooting
Forefront Client Security Reporting and Alerting
This module explains Forefront Client Security Reporting and Alerting.
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Architecture
- MOM Reporting
- Forefront Client Security Reports
- SQL Server Reporting Services Troubleshooting
Security State Assessment
This module explains security state assessment.
- Security State Assessment
- SSA General Information
- SSA Architecture
- SSA Object Processor (OP) and Manifest Updates
- SSA Security Checks
Submitting Malware to Microsoft for Analysis
This module explains malware submission.
- Malware Submission
- Assisting Customers with Malware Submissions
This module provides a review of the Forefront Client Security course, and a list of Web sites that provide additional information on Forefront Client Security.