Office Sharepoint Server for Developers — A 4-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Microsoft SharePoint 2007 page for courses currently available in this subject area.
This course extends the course Windows SharePoint Services v3 for Developers. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server extends WSS, and this course introduces developers to the additional features available in MOSS, and also to some of the more advanced features of WSS. Knowledge of the material covered in Windows SharePoint Services v3 for Developers is a mandatory prerequisite for this course.
The course will begin with a very brief recap of SharePoint development tools and techniques. Following on from that, you will customise the Enterprise Content Management features of MOSS, firstly by creating new page layouts, and then by designing portal templates and customising the page editing tools.
The course discusses MOSS functionality such as Forms Services, Excel Services and the Business Data Catalog. You will learn to use InfoPath forms in workflows, and to create InfoPath forms which pass data between InfoPath and SharePoint. You will investigate Excel Services as a way of publishing workbooks for use in a web browser, and also as a way of making Excel data accessible programmatically to other applications. You will create applications in the BDC, and access business data programmatically.
The search functionality of MOSS greatly extends that of WSS, and in this course you will learn how to configure and customise MOSS search, including configuration of the new Federated Search feature.
The 'My Site' pages of MOSS allow users to create public and private profiles, and this course will discuss how to customise and manage this feature.
You will also learn to create external applications which plug in to SharePoint: a document converter, an extension to the administration tool (stsadm) and a timer job.
At the end of the course, delegates will have learnt how to:
- Create InfoPath forms which access data from SharePoint libraries
- Publish an InfoPath form to SharePoint and make it accessible via InfoPath Forms Services
- Use InfoPath forms with SharePoint workflow
- Create a SharePoint State Machine workflow
- Create a portal (multiple site) template
- Create a custom Content Management Page Layout and deploy it as a SharePoint Feature
- Customise the Content Management page editing toolbar
- Create and install a custom document converter
- Create a document converter for use in page publishing
- Create a new application in the Business Data Catalog
- Access the Business Data Catalog programmatically
- Customise the public and private pages of My Site
- Customise user profiles in My Site
- Use Excel Services to publish a workbook via Excel Web Acces
- Create user-defined functions in Excel Services
- Access Excel Services programmatically
- Create and use a new timer job
- Create and use an extension to the command-line stsadm tool
- Create a custom search page and configure federated search
- Configure keywords and best bets for search results
- Create a custom Information Management policy
The course assumes knowledge of the material covered by the course Windows SharePoint Services v3 for Developers.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.