Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for End Users - Advanced Features — A 1 day course
This course is designed to provide delegates with the knowledge to use the more advanced tools of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010. Users of this level are commonly referred to as 'Power Users' or 'Super-Users'.
The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover how to create custom lists as well as how to change the settings of common list and library tools to suit the requirements of the users.
You will also learn how to use the Office Workspace tools in conjunction with SharePoint to collaborate and organise Microsoft Office content.
You will learn how to create Workspaces and Blogs, create advanced and custom Lists to meet further data requirements, customise Library and List settings to apply wider policies and procedures and customise web pages using Web Parts.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Manage Document and Meeting Workspaces
- Work with a Blog Site
- Manage custom Lists
- Import data from an Excel worksheet into a custom List
- Customise List and Library settings such as e-mail and versioning settings
- Create custom Workflows
- Edit web pages and Web Parts
Sites and Workspaces
- The SharePoint Structure
- Top-Level Sites and Sub-Sites
- Blog Sites
- User Permissions
- Custom Lists
- Project Tasks
- Discussion Boards
- Status Lists
- Lookup Columns
- Calculated Columns
- Understanding Workflows
- Workflow Administration
- List and Library Settings
- Versioning Settings
- Incoming E-mail settings
Editing Web Pages
- Content Pages
- Editing Web Pages
- Web Parts
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £375 (+VAT)
London — £375 (+VAT)
Delegates who wish to learn how to use the more advanced tools of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010.
This course requires delegates to meet the following prerequisites:
- A good understanding of Windows
- Experience using Internet Explorer 7/8 or an equivalent browser
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 equivalent to the Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for End-Users course
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)