M40009 - Updating your Business Intelligence Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 — A 3 day course
This three-day instructor-led Microsoft M40009 course provides existing SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced BI capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
On completion of the Microsoft MS40009 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features for BI in SQL Server 2012
- Use new and enhanced features in SQL Server Integration Services
- Manage data quality by using SQL Server Data Quality Services
- Manage master data by using new and enhanced features of SQL Server Master Data Services
- Use new and enhanced features of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Create tabular data models with PowerPivot and DAX
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Use Power View to create interactive data visualizations
- Integrate Microsoft cloud technologies into a BI solution
Introduction to SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
This module provides an overview of how SQL Server 2012 can be used to build BI solutions.
- Overview of SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- SQL Server 2012 for Enterprise Integration Management
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Analysis and Reporting
New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
This module describes the new and enhanced features in SQL Server Integration Services that can be used to create an ETL solution to load a data warehouse.
- Using the CDC Control Task for Incremental Data Loads
- Deploying and Operating SSIS Packages
- Lab: Using SQL Server Integration Services
Data Quality Services
This module provides an introduction to SQL Server Data Quality Services, and teaches you how to build knowledge based data quality solutions for cleansing and matching data.
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
- Lab: Cleansing Data
- Lab: Deduplicating Data
Master Data Services
This module provides an introduction to master data management with SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services.
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Managing Master Data
- Creating a Master Data Hub
- Lab: Implementing Master Data Services
SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services.
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Services and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Introduction to Data Alerts
- Lab: Using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
Creating Tabular Data Models with PowerPivot
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features in PowerPivot.
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models and PowerPivot Technologies
- Using PowerPivot
- Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
- Lab: Using PowerPivot for Excel
- Lab: Creating Calculated Columns and Measures
Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
This module describes how to create tabular Analysis Services databases.
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Developing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Lab: Working with an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
This module provides an introduction to Power View, and describes how it can be used to create interactive data visualizations.
- Introduction to Power View
- Visualizing Data with Power View
- Lab: Creating Interactive Reports with Power View
Using Cloud Technologies in a BI Solution
This module introduces Microsoft cloud technologies that can be used in a BI solution.
- Overview of Cloud Data Sources
- SQL Azure
- SQL Azure Reporting Services
- The Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- ab: Using Cloud Data in a BI Solution
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
The Microsoft 40009 course is intended for BI professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Experience of creating database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming
Familiarity with data warehousing and BI solutions, including extract, transform, and load (ETL), data modeling, and reporting