Microsoft Course 2262 - Supporting Users Running Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System — A 2-Day Course
Please note that this course is no longer available. Please see our Training Homepage for currently available courses.
TThis two-day M2262 instructor led course will provide individuals who are new to Microsoft Windows XP with the knowledge and skills necessary to troubleshoot basic problems end users will face related to configuring and maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer and other applications that run on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.
This is the second course in Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification curriculum.
On completion of this M2262 training course, delegates should be able to:
- Configure and troubleshoot applications
- Set application compatibility settings
- Troubleshoot application installation problems
- Configure and troubleshoot e-mail account configurations
- Configure and troubleshoot Internet Explorer
- Configure and troubleshoot Outlook Express
- Configure the operating system to support applications
- Configure and troubleshoot file system access and file permission problems on multi-boot computers
- Resolve issues related to usability of applications
- Manage Microsoft Outlook data, including configuring, importing, and exporting data, and fixing corrupted data
- Resolve issues related to customizing Internet Explorer
- Resolve issues related to customizing Outlook Express
- Resolve issues related to customizing the operating system
- Configure and troubleshooting connectivity for applications
- Configure application security
- Identify and troubleshoot problems related to security permissions
- Answer end user questions related to application security settings
This is an introductory course designed to provide information on how to troubleshoot applications running on Microsoft Windows XP.
Before attending this Windows XP support course, delegates should have:
- Attended Course 2261: Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- Experience using Microsoft Office as a general user.
- Experience using a Microsoft Windows operating system such as Microsoft Windows XP.
This course will help the student prepare for the following Microsoft Certified Professional exam:
- Exam 70-272: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
The student kit includes a comprehensive workbook and other necessary materials for this class.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Introduction to Supporting Users Running Applications on Windows XP
After completing this module, students will be able to explain how to use troubleshooting guidelines and tools to support users running applications on Windows desktops.
- Overview of Desktop Application Support
- The Windows System Architecture and Desktop Application Support
- Troubleshooting Application Installation Issues
Troubleshooting Desktop Application Support Issues
After completing this module, students will be able to troubleshoot application compatibility issues and security issues related to applications on client computers that run Windows XP.
- Troubleshooting Win32 applications
- Troubleshooting security issues related to applications
- Troubleshooting application compatibility issues
- Troubleshooting MS-DOS-based and Win16 applications
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Internet Explorer
After completing this module, students will be able to support Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting General Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Security and Privacy Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Content Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Connectivity Settings
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Program Settings
- Customizing Internet Explorer
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Outlook
After completing this module, students will be able to troubleshoot issues related Outlook.
- Configuring Outlook to Use Exchange Server
- Configuring Outlook Data
- Configuring Outlook for Internet E-Mail
- Troubleshooting Outlook
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Office
After completing this module, students will be able to support Microsoft Office.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting an Office Installation
- Configuring Office Security
- Configuring Office Recoverability
- Configuring Office Language Features
Troubleshooting Issues Related to Outlook Express
After completing this module, students will be able to support Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Configuring Outlook Express for E-Mail
- Importing and Exporting Outlook Express Data
- Configuring Outlook Express for Newsgroups