Moodle Course Creator Extended — A 1 day course
To book a place on this course please contact our training partner HowToMoodle.
Moodle Course Creator Extended is a natural progression for course designers who have grasped the concepts of the essential Moodle activities and want to explore the more complex Database, Lesson and Workshop modules.
It is expected that participants will already know the basics, so you'll work in a pre-prepared course space focusing on the on the modules covered in the training.
Our trainer explains and demonstrates where appropriate but you'll be hands on throughout - constructing activities and testing as a student too.
We'll use simple scenarios designed to help you explore the set-up of the advanced functionality covered.
The course activities are subject matter "neutral" so participants will benefit regardless of their subject matter expertise, sector i.e. academic or non-academic or the age of their learners.
On this Moodle™ training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Create peer and self-assessed assignment activities
- Manage the various set up and deployment phases
- Allocate submissions for peer assessment
- Provide tutor feedback and marks
- Support student peer assessments
- Create multi-page activities with linear and/or branched progression through content
- Manage user progression through content based on responses to a wide range of content
- Extend the computer marked assessment options in your courses
- Create and manage form based activities
- Identify suitable field types to meet your needs
- Manage templates for adding entries plus list and single views of existing entries
- Configure requirements and approval of learner contributions
- Create templates for rapid future development
- Trainers, teachers, tutors and course designers with existing Moodle knowledge and skills who want to explore more sophisticated options for delivery of content, collaboration and assessment.
- Course Creator Essentials participants, this course is a great next step for those who would like to an even broader appreciation of Moodle's tools.
Participants should be familiar with:
- Course based functionality in Moodle i.e. course settings, activity and resource modules and general navigation.
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications.