Moodle Course Management — A 1 day course
To book a place on this course please contact our training partner HowToMoodle.
When you've mastered the basics you'll want extend your skills to ensure you make the most of the more advanced course management options. This course will save you endless hours of self guided discovery and experimentation. You'll explore key concepts that enable you to better manage access to your courses, organise and monitor users within them and improve the experience for facilitators and learners by automating the availability of content and activities.
It is expected that participants will already know the basics, so will work in a pre-prepared course space focusing on the new concepts covered in the training.
Our trainer explains and demonstrates where appropriate but you'll be trying the techniques out as often as practicable.
Each participant will explore course management functionality and create simple scenarios designed to explore the set up of the advanced functionality covered.
The course activities are subject matter "neutral" so participants will benefit regardless of their subject matter expertise, sector i.e. academic or non-academic or the age of their learners.
On this Moodle™ training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Manage access to your courses using a range of enrolment options
- Adapt and review user permissions within a course
- Control collaboration, awareness and segmentation of users within a course
- Manage access to activities and course section using specified conditions
- Enable facilitators and learners to track progress in a course.
- Course Creator Essentials participants, this course is a great next step for those who would like to an even broader appreciation of Moodle's tools.
- Trainers, teachers, tutors, course designers etc. who have an existing grasp of essential Moodle functionality and need to extend their knowledge of the range of options that can be utilised in their courses
- Course Creator Essentials course participants: Moodle Course Management is recommended as a progressive step for those who would like to increase their knowledge of Moodle courses.
Participants should be familiar with:
- Course based functionality in Moodle i.e. course settings, activity and resource modules and general navigation.
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyper-links, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, etc.
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
- Native Moodle enrolment types including self-enrolment, cohorts, meta links
- Managing users with Groups
- Controlling access to activities using Groupings
- Conditional access for course activities, resources and sections
- Completion tracking - programmed and learner initiated