Moodle™ Course Creator Essential Workshop — A 2 day course
To book a place on this course please contact our training partner HowToMoodle.
Course creators need to plan and develop effective, engaging courses and activities and often within a short lead-time. Moodle™ is an extensive, flexible and feature rich application that can take weeks or months to fully understand if you try an unstructured, ad hoc approach.
Participation in our course fast tracks the process of building confidence and competence with the essential course based functionality of Moodle™.
The range of activity modules we cover enables participants to make informed decisions about course design and implementation for their learners or the wider organisation.
Our trainer explains and demonstrates where appropriate but we like to get your fingers on the keyboard as much as possible!
Each participant constructs and arranges simple activities within a course with the aim of exploring the myriad of options in order to stimulate ideas about how to use the various tools in a in a "live" situation.
Activities are subject matter "neutral" so participants may derive equal benefit from our course regardless of their subject matter expertise, academic or business sector and the age of their target learners.
On this Moodle™ training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Set up a course from scratch identifying the key settings that impact on the format and management of the course
- Upload and manage your own resources and make them available to participants
- Create online resources and weblinks and make them available to participants
- Create activities for assessment, collaboration and communication using a range of Moodle™ tools
- Monitor participant activity within a course
- Re-use and archive activities and courses
Trainers, teachers, tutors, course designers etc. who are responsible for designing and developing online or blended courses
Anyone in a role supporting the above
Project managers and entrepreneurs who need to make a rapid assessment of the potential value and implementation of Moodle™ in their organisation
Attendees should be familiar with:
- Typical navigation features of web-based applications e.g. hyperlinks, buttons, drop down boxes, radio buttons, check boxes
- The general concepts of files, folders, upload, download, zip & unzip
- How to enter text into fields and text boxes
- For open courses, any recent Windows operating system as an end user (our open training venues use Windows operating systems - the majority of the course will involve using a web browser)