Implementing Enhanced Secure Multi-tenancy Solutions — A 5 Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Networking page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Virtualized computing environments have grown over the last several years at a phenomenal rate. As IT budgets shrink many organizations are looking for more efficient ways of meeting the increasing need for additional applications and services while dealing with the availability of environmental, hardware and staffing resources. The challenge previously was how to implement a multi-tenant virtualized server computing environment that met security and regulatory compliance. The Secure Multi-Tenant environment provides:
- Secure isolated computing environments at all layers: network, server computing and storage, satisfying the requirements of many security and regulatory agencies
- Granular tenant level administration allowing administrative access to tenant resources without exposing the rest of the cloud
- Integration of backup and disaster recovery tools to create fast, efficient, automated restore processes
- A Highly-Available redundant architecture ensuring service levels for critical applications and services
This course will help you better understand the current challenges modern data centers face. You will be able to describe the advantages and benefits of multi-tenancy architecture, Cisco UCS and its role in secure multi-tenancy, how to create and utilize NetApp's MultiStore technology, and configure VMware's vSphere to maximize data storage using iSCSI and NFS. You will also realize the benefits of using NetApp's FlexClone and Rapid Clone Utility with VMware vSphere in a multi-tenant environment.
You will be able to explain the security architecture and components that create securely isolated multi-tenant network and computing environments, how to integrate the Cisco Nexus 1000v and VMware vSphere into the networking environment, and understand the high-availability and disaster recovery configuration options for NetApp MultiStore, VMware vSphere, and Cisco UCS/Nexus 1000v.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- product placement within a multi-tenant architecture
- the integration of the various technologies to create a secure multi-tenant environment in a network and computing environment.
Practical lab exercises augment and reinforce the courseware to provide a unified curriculum.
- network field engineers
- system engineers
- data center network designers
- pre-sales engineers
- post-sales engineers
- network administration personnel
Course attendees should possess an intermediate knowledge in:
- data center architecture and protocols
- Vmware ESX server virtualization and vSphere
- NetApp storage
- backup and disaster recovery technologies
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
This highly focused 5 day course provides a detailed understanding of how to integrate NetApp MultiStore, Cisco Unified Computing Systems, Cisco Nexus 1000v switches, and VMware vSphere to create a secure multi-tenant computing environment. NetApp MultiStore serves as the storage foundation for multi-tenancy, Cisco UCS serves as the hardware platform for VMware vSphere, and Cisco Nexus 1000v serving as a virtual intelligent switch.
These individual products combine to provide secure isolated multi-tenant computing environments with independent security models, assured quality of service for critical services and applications, highly available redundant architecture, and an administrative support model that defines access levels for tenant administrators. Upon completion of the course, the student will understand how integrating the individual product components create a virtual, secure multi-tenant architecture.