Practical Consulting — A 2 day course
Do you want to better understand your clients and their needs?
Do you find it challenging to communicate client needs to your stakeholders?
Do you want to be able to manage your assignments more effectively and successfully deliver your outcomes?
This course provides a highly practical, interactive workshop designed to enable consultants to understand the processes involved in consulting. Internal and external consultants, business analysts and those delivering change will be able to learn and polish techniques to help successfully achieve required outcomes.
The workshop emphasises the interpersonal skills required to be a successful consultant and builds confidence to cope positively with the challenges of turbulence, ambiguity and conflict.
You'll benefit from this course if you need to provide internal consultancy services within your organisation.
On completion of this Practical Consulting training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the stages in the consulting cycle
- Identify and create the key ingredients of a beneficial partnership
- Recognise and respond to clients' motivation factors and the develop the skills to use them in relationship building
- Utilise tools for handling difficult situations with tact and sensitivity
- Evaluate the impact of different stakeholder needs, styles and perspectives
- Identify and engage with stakeholders
- Apply advanced techniques for creating, feeding back and presenting compelling case for change
- Review and share best practices
Personal objectives for the course
What is a consultant
The consultancy cycle and the consultancy environment
Consultancy intervention styles
Strength Deployment Inventory and Conflict Handling Strategies
Advanced Communication techniques
The client system
Change facilitation and management
Sources of power and influencing strategies
Client project review
Disengagement and follow up
Completion of a personal action plan
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
You will benefit from this course if you are an internal and/or external consultant who needs to manage your assignments more effectively, have a better understanding of your clients and their needs, and communicate those client needs more efficiently to your own teams and organisations.
You may have some experience of consulting engagements and building effective relationships with clients, teams and stakeholders.