PMI Scheduling Professional — 5-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the PMI Project Managment page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Project scheduling is a core component of a robust and effective approach to successful project management. This highly interactive and participative five day course provides delegates with the knowledge to apply robust scheduling techniques to their area of project responsibility, while preparing them to sit the PMI's Project Scheduling credential.
Approximately 3 hours of pre course preparation is recommended.
After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Prepare the foundation for an effective project schedule through detailed work breakdown structures, cost breakdown structures and organisational breakdown structures
- Prepare optimised project schedules based on time factors, constraints and calendars
- Optimise schedules based on resource availability, calendars and financial constraints
- Apply effective change control to an established schedule
- Apply date and time constraints to a schedule and understand the full impact of these
- Accommodate risk reduction actions to a schedule, incorporating resource and financial implications through project change control actions
- Sit the PMI Project Scheduling credential exam
The PMI Scheduling Professional mandates the following pre-requisites:
- Bachelors Degree, 3500hrs+ project management experience, 30 hours of formal project scheduling training (satisfied by this course); or
- High-school Diploma, 5000hrs+ project management experience, 40 hours of formal project scheduling training (satisfied by this course)
This is a computer based 3 ½ hour, 170 multiple choice question, closed book exam. Subject to satisfactory PMI validation of the stated pre-requisites, delegates are responsible for booking the exam through the PMI's web site.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.