Managing People — A 2 day course
This course begins at the selection stage, looking at sources available and procurement, competencies, team development, challenges and opportunities. It looks at the practical everyday management of people within a programme and project environment and the application of theory to practice.
Self-analysis and personal leadership development techniques will be discussed, providing an understanding of effective leadership characteristics and an understanding of oneself and others.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Establish a team identifying sources available and understand legislative requirements
- Recognise the impact of cultural and ethical issues and manage them effectively
- Understand and define competency assessment methods, activities and their benefits
- Define development opportunities, setting goals and measures
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills
- Understand key elements in inducting individuals and the team
- Describe methods of motivating teams and individuals
- Understand leadership characteristics
- Define team goals and build an effective environment
- Understand methods for accelerating team building and the use of team tools
This course is suitable for senior project managers and programme managers with little prior knowledge other than a basic understanding of the project environment.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.