P3O®: Practitioner Certificate — A 2 day course
A P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Office) provides a decision enabling and delivery support structure for an organisation.
This 2 day certification workshop is for individuals who have previously studied the P3O model as defined in the OGC best practice guidance and have already passed the P3O Foundation examination.
The course covers the P3O guidance at Practitioner level and provides coaching / practice questions, so that candidates can prepare themselves for the specific requirements of the P3O Practitioner examination. This is sat on the second day of the course.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Have built on their Foundation-level understanding of the principles and terminology of P3O best practice and be able to demonstrate that they have a full understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O
- Build the right P3O model to adapt to the organisation's needs, taking account of its size and Project and Programme Management maturity
- Plan the implementation of a P3O
- Use the tools and techniques in running the P3O and shaping the portfolio of programmes and projects
- Undertake the P3O Practitioner examination, having practised with sample questions
This event is suitable for any individual with an interest in managing or working in a component of a P3O and who has already achieved a pass in the P3O Foundation examination.
Before attending this course, students must have: P3O Foundation Certificate
Exam fee is included with the course fee.
Exam consists of 7 Objective Testing questions, 10 marks per question. All question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available 70. The exam duration is 2hrs 15mins, and "open book" format (P3O® Guide only).
Please note: You must bring signed photo ID with you on any P3O exams (passport, driving licence, student card) as you will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
You must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found here on the APMG International website. P3O®, MSP®, PRINCE2®, and M_o_R® are registered trademarks of the Cabinet Office.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
Birmingham — £675 (+VAT)
Leeds — £675 (+VAT)
London — £675 (+VAT)
Course Introduction and Objectives
Overview and Principles
Why have a P3O?
P3O Models and Tailoring
Implementing and re-energising a P3O
P3O Tools and Techniques
P3O Practitioner Exam