Advanced Python Programming for Web Application Developers — A 5 day course
This course is aimed at experienced programmers with a sound understanding of Python programming who will be developing substantial web applications and web application frameworks. The course adopts a strong object oriented analysis and design approach covering framework development and application of object patterns.
In addition to in depth coverage of more advanced topics such as regular expression, network and multi-threaded programming and the implementation of asynchronous services the course also covers topics directly relevant to the implementation of advanced web applications. These include database programming, XML processing and the use of Python XML parser libraries, and the implementation of web services in Python.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £3500 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £1650 + VAT for the third delegate
- £1200 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £400 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £2750 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £2750 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are any dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £1750. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
Overview of Python
Overview of data structures, classes and object oriented Python programming
Python multi-threaded programming
- Thread module
- Threading module
String and text processing with Python
- Splitting and joining strings
- Pattern matching using regular expressions
- Regular expression patterns
- Processing lines with continuation characters
- Identifying URLs and email addresses in text
- Advanced regular expression extensions
Implementing parsers in Python
- Overview of parsing, parsers and grammars
- Overview of finite state machines and their implementation using Python
- Overview of Python parser libraries
Python network programming
- Overview of TCP/IP and client-server applications
- Using Python's network/socket modules
- File transfer applications
- Email applications
Python web programming
- Python CGI programming
- Using Python to generate HTML and XML pages
- Implementing simple HTTP servers using Python
- Overview of Web services
- Overview of Python based web services frameworks
Python database programming
- Overview of relational database concepts
- Overview of the Python database interface
- Principles of embedding SQL in Python
- Connecting to databases via ODBC
- Connecting to MySQL from Python
- Connecting to PostgreSQL from Python
- Implementing database driven web sites using Python
XML - Python programming
- Overview of XML
- XML Namespaces
- Validating vs. nonvalidating XML
- Parsing XML using regular expressions
- Processing XML using SAX and DOM