Network Programming Using the Python Twisted Framework — A 5 day course
This course will cover the installation, configuration, development and of the Twisted Framework and how to use it to implement TCP/IP based client server applications.
Case studies will include:
- Applications to access web pages and web services using the HTTP protocol
- Implementation of specialist web servers
- Implementing applications for sending and receiving email using POP, IMAP and SMTP protocols
- Developing specialist web services based on XML-RPC and SOAP
- Implementing custom SSH clients and SSH servers
- Implementing authentication mechanisms
Approximately 60% of the course will be devoted to instructor led presentations and 40% will be devoted to hands on lab work. The more complex case studies will be associated with lab work involving adapting and modifying their detailed functionality.
The main goal of the course is to provide a starting point for those wishing to implement specialist applications of their own.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £3500 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £1650 + VAT for the third delegate
- £1200 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £400 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £2750 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £2750 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are any dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £1750. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
Overview of TCP/IP and sockets programming
Overview of TCP/IP application protocols - HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, SSH, NNTP
Overview of XML, XML-RPC and SOAP
Overview of the structure and components of the Twisted Framework
Installing and configuring Twisted
Overview of Python Object Oriente Programming
Implementing simple clients and servers using Twisted
Implementing Web clients for downloading web pages and uploading files
Implementing HTTP web servers using Twisted
- Basic HTTP request and response handling
- Controlling access to resources
- Servers that interact with relational databases
- Implementing a Proxy server
Web services and XML-RPC
- Overview of the REST (Representational State Transfer) architecture
- Using Twisted to implement REST clients and REST servers
- Twisted support for XML-RPC and SOAP
- Building and testing SOAP Web Service servers and clients
- Sharing Python Objects using Perspective Broker
Authentication using Twisted
- Overview of twisted.cred
- The credentials checker
- Authentication against a database table
- Managing different user capabilities
- Integrating authentication into Perspective Broker