Web 2.0 Programming using CherryPy and TurboGears — A 5 day course
This course will cover the installation, configuration, development and deployment of Web Sites using the TurboGears framework. About 50% of the time will be instructor presentation and about 50% will be hands on labs.
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
Courses in this subject are scheduled on an 'ad-hoc' basis. We can arrange a course at our Carshalton centre or on customer site for any client wishing to send two or more delegates on the same course.
For courses at the Carshalton Centre the fee will be:
- £3500 + VAT for the first two delegates
- £1650 + VAT for the third delegate
- £1200 + VAT for the fourth delegate
- £400 + VAT for each additional delegate to a maximum of eight
On-site course fees are as above + expenses recharged at cost.
For a 1:1 course in Carshalton the fee is £2750 + VAT. For a 1:1 on-site course the fee is £2750 + VAT + expenses recharged at cost.
If there are any dates showing below this line, a course has been scheduled and places for individuals are available at £1750. Otherwise, no courses are currently scheduled and the above fees apply.
Overview of Web 2.0 Python and Frameworks
The role of AJAX in Web 2.0
Overview, and getting up to speed with classical web technologies - using a standard database driven web site example
- Java Script
- Python CGI
Introduction to Web Application Frameworks, CherryPy and TurboGears
- Model View Controller (MVC) paradigm - which underlies most Web Develoment Frameworks
- Features supported by most web development frameworks
- History of TurboGears
- Core TurboGears components - an overview
- MVC architecture in TurboGears
- Overview,by example, of application creation and deployment using TurboGears
TurboGears components in greater depth
- CherryPy - and TurboGears controllers
- SQL Objects - Object Relational Mapping
- Kid template engine and MochiKit - processing and creating views
- TurboGears Widgets
- Creating a Blog site
- Managing user identity and tracking site visitors
- Creating extended widgets
- MVC design and implementation - team project
- Adding RSS feed capabilities to a web site
Client side issues
- Flash based interfaces and TurboGears