ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst — A 5 day course
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is the new standard for international qualifications in software testing at an advanced level.
This course, with its large number of practical exercises and practice examination questions, fully prepares attendees for the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analysis examination. Whilst the course is focused on the syllabus, giving attendees the best possible preparation for the examination, it also contains many real world practical examples.
On completion of this course, attendees will have an advanced understanding of test design techniques and will be fully prepared to take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst examination.
Anyone involved in creating test conditions, test cases or test procedures (test scripts), and anyone intending to take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst examination.
In contrast to the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Analysis course, this course is focused more on testing at the component and integration level and is recommended for all testers involved in this and any other type of technical testing.
Attendees intending to take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst examination must hold the ISTQB or ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
The exam is included in the price and sat at the end of the course.
Basic aspects of software testing
- Review of the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus
- Specific systems (application domains)
- Testing and the software development life cycle
- Test planning and control
- Test analysis and design
- Test implementation and execution
- Evaluation exit criteria and reporting
- Test closure activities
- Test process improvement models
- Test management documentation
- Typical test strategies
- Test estimation, monitoring, reporting and control
- Risk management
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Specification based techniques
- Structure based techniques
- Defect and experienced based techniques
- Static analysis
- Dynamic analysis
Test of software characteristics
- Quality attributes for domain testing
- Quality attributes for technical testing
- Principles of reviews
- Types of review
- Incident reports
- When can an incident be identified
- The incident management process or defect life cycle
- Defect fields
- Metrics and incident management
- Communicating incidents
- Test tool concepts
- Test tools categories
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within an organisation