Introduction to Testing in a Service Oriented Architecture and Using soapUI — A 1-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Software Testing page for courses currently available in this subject area.
Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) are formed from standards based components called services. The testing of SOA based systems requires a new strategy for testing that specifically addresses individual services.
This course introduces new tools and concepts that are critical to understanding SOA and how SOA should be tested.
The course is highly practical to give attendees the best chance to develop their skills in this technology.
On completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the main standards that are core to SOA
- Describe the way in which existing code can be migrated to SOA
- Understand the changes in the test strategy from a conventional development project
- Understand how services can be tested
- Use soapUI to carry out functional and non functional testing of a service
This course is aimed at all levels of test analyst and test manager. It would appeal most directly to people who have previous automation experience such as QTP or WinRunner.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, a understanding of fundamental web principles, some previous involvement with test automation and basic knowledge of Java may be an advantage.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Introduction to SOA
- Services and mock services
- What is a WSDL and what information does it contain
- Publishers of WSDL
- Enterprise Server Bus
SOA and the Business
- Why use SOA
- What are the barriers to using SOA
- Overcoming barriers with testing
SOA Test Strategy
- Levels of testing
- Top down testing
- Bottom up testing
- Channel testing
Introduction to SOA tools
- Installing soapUI
- Discovering a WSDL
- Testing a WSDL
- Functional testing
- Creating mock services
- Groovy scripting
- Non functional testing