Business and User Acceptance Testing — A 1-Day Course
Please note that this course has been retired and is no longer available. Please see the Software Testing page for courses currently available in this subject area.
User acceptance testing is the critical final quality gate before a system is implemented. It is the responsibility of the user acceptance test team to ensure that not only does the system meet the business objectives, but that all previous testing phases have been carried out so that the business can be confident that the system will deliver what is required.
his workshop explains to attendees the context of user acceptance testing, how the test process integrates with the system development life cycle and the critical role that user acceptance testing fulfils. It also prepares attendees in how to plan and create tests for user acceptance testing.
With an emphasis on putting theory into practice, this workshop is highly practical. Attendees will produce test conditions, test cases and test procedures using a case study.
On completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of user acceptance testing in the system development life cycle and its benefits to the organisation
- Understand the purpose of entry and exit criteria for user acceptance testing
- Understand the process of scoping, writing and executing tests
- Be able to write effective tests from user requirements and specifications
- Understand the process of recording and reporting test results
- Be able to record defects found in software systems
- Be aware of test management issues with regards to user acceptance testing
This course is intended for:
- Anyone involved with creating or running user acceptance tests
- Anyone wishing to understand the role of user acceptance testing within the systems development life cycle.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course, however, attendees with no previous experience may wish to consider the course Testing Basics or the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level course prior to attending this course.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
Introduction to user acceptance testing
- The purpose of user acceptance testing
- What is testing?
- Why is testing necessary?
- Testing principles
- The activities of a UAT tester
- Skill sets of UAT testers
- Defining risks
- Risk management
The system development life cycle
- System development life cycle models
- Test levels
- The test basis
- Entry and exit criteria
The user acceptance testing process
- Test planning, reporting and control
- Test specification
- Test execution
- Test environment
- Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Test closure activities
- What is a review?
- What can be reviewed
- Types of review
- Success factors for reviews
- Requirements testing
Test analysis and design
- Test conditions
- Creating effective test conditions
- Test cases
- Using test design techniques
- Test procedures
- Test data
- Recording results
- Raising defects
Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Evaluating exit criteria
- The test reporting
- Administrative closure
- Lessons learned
- The UAT completion report