ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Test Analysis— A 3-Day Course
This course is no longer available. Please see the software testing section for a list of current courses.
The ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Software Testing is internationally recognised as the essential measurement for those wishing to advance their career within the software testing industry.
The new ISEB Practitioner Certification in Test Analysis enables testers to specialise as a test analyst. This course leads to the ISEB Practitioner Certification in Test Analysis examination which provides essential knowledge and skills for test analysts.
The testing skills and knowledge acquired by attending this course are applicable to the wide range of testing challenges that test analysts face on complex software testing projects.
On completion of this course attendees will have an advanced knowledge of the use of a wide variety of test techniques and how to specify and report on tests.
Attendees will also be fully prepared, and have the best possible chance to score highly, when sitting the ISEB Practitioner Certification in Test Analysis examination.
This course is intended for:
- Any test analyst, test team leader or test manager who wishes to advance their knowledge of test analysis or prepare for the ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Test Analysis examination
To attend this course delegates must have successfully passed the ISEB Foundation and Intermediate exams:
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- ISEB Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
Exams are sat on separate events on dates specified by ISEB, usually scheduled quarterly. Exam cost is £150 + VAT.
The ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Test Management is a two hour exam and consists of six scenario based written questions of which four must be answered. The pass mark is 60%. A score of 80% and above will gain a distinction.
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Outline Course Contents
- Influence of context
- Analysis of test basis
- Supporting activities
Testing in action
- Coverage and metrics
- Analysis of test output and preparation of a summary report
- Comparison of different approaches
- Advisory role of test analysis
- Use of test techniques and test types
Specification-based (black-box) testing
- Equivalence partitioning
- Classification tree method
- Boundary value analysis
- Decision table testing
- State transition testing
- Use case testing
- Other specification-based test design techniques
Structure-based (white-box) testing
- Statement testing
- Decision testing
- Other structure-based test design techniques
- Reliability testing
- Usability testing
- Testing under load