VMware vCloud 1.5: Deploy and Manage the VMware Cloud — A 4 day course
This course has been retired. Please review the VMware portfolio for available courses.
During this packed four day course delegates will learn about the deployment of VMware vCloud and the managment tasks involved after implementation.
Delegates will cover vCloud deployment in three environments, private, public and hybrid.
The course delivery is split 40:60 between lectures and practical lab sessions.
The aim of this event is for delegates to learn about the range of features available in VMware vCloud Director and how to maximise the benefits of operating the package. During the four day course attendees will:
- Learn about the deployment of vCloud Director
- Learn to manage vCloud Director in different scenarios covering private, public and hybrid examples
- Learn how to configure VMware vSphere® storage in virtual datacenters
- Learn how to create and administer vCloud Director and vApps
- Learn how to create and administer vCloud Director catalogs
- Learn how to configure networking and vApps
- Learn how to connect organizations using VPN tunnels and static routes
- Learn how to interface vCloud Director, OpenLDAP and Microsoft Active Directory servers
- Learn how to configure vCloud Director vApps network security with organizations utilizing VMware vShield Edge™ firewalls
- Learn how to meter vCloud Director resources using VMware vCenter Chargeback™
- Learn about the interrelationship between VMware vSphere Distributed Resources Scheduler clusters and vCloud Director
This course is aimed at delegates from a range of disciplines including Consultants and Systems Engineers along with Cloud and Datacenter Administrators.
- Attendance on VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage or equivalent knowledge (VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is strongly recommended)
- VMware vCloud Director: Essentials/Fundamentals [V1.5] which is available via elearning
- Delegates should have a thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking
It is also recommended that delegates should have attended one of the following courses or possess an equivalent level of knowledge to be found in:
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
This course has been retired and is no longer available.