VMware View: Desktop Fast Track v5.1 — A 5 day course
This fast-track event combines the contents of two courses:-
Delegates will be expected to work for longer each day than those attending one of the standard courses.
This five day event builds a delegate's skills with the VMware View products - View Manager, View Composer, and ThinApp.
Applications administrators will gain the knowledge and skills to use ThinApp to virtualize Windows applications. It will also enable adminisators to select the best deployment process to update their environment.
The course will also present a methodology for analyzing and designing a View solution for the VMware vSphere infrastructure.
Administrators who need to create a View solution for a VMware vSphere infrastructure will be shown a methodology to help them with the analysis and design process.
The event is based on the following product releases:-
- ThinApp 4.6
- View 5.1
Delegates completing the fast-track course will have covered the product features and operational aspects of View along with the essential design principles. Also included in the course will be the operation of ThinApp.
By the end of the training attendees should have covered:
- View components - installation and configuration
- How to create and manage dedicated and floating desktop pools
- How to deploy and manage linked-clone virtual desktops
- Desktops running in local mode - configuration and management
- How to configure secure access to desktops through a public network
- Explain the key elements of the ThinApp architecture and how ThinApp is used to package applications.
- Learn how to troubleshoot problems you may encounter with ThinApp packages
- Recognise design objectives, needs and limitations
- Define the information you will need to make informed design decisions
- How to identify when 'best practice' solutions should be implemented
- The design process and the recommended approach to design
- How to analyse the most appropriate design decisions in the following categories
- View Manager infrastructure
- View desktop options
- vSphere infrastructure
- Network infrastructure
- Client access devices
- End-user management
- Using this new found knowledge, create a View implementation using all the modules
The fast-track course is aimed at Solution and System Architects along with System and Application Administrators and IT Managers.
Delegates attending the fast-track event should ideally have attended the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course or possess equivalent experience with vSphere gained by self-study and workplace experience.
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.