VMware vSphere 4: Automation with vSphere PowerCLI — A 2 day course
This event is no longer available. Please review the VMware course portfolio to be found here.
This hands-on training course introduces the use of VMware vSphere PowerCLI to automate VMware vSphere 4. This course demonstrates ways to automate tasks that can reduce your IT costs while improving efficiency, availability, flexibility, and manageability.
By the end of the course, you should understand how to use vSphere PowerCLI to perform the following tasks:
- Automate VMware ESX configuration
- Automate the provisioning of virtual machines
- Automate changes to virtual machine configuration
- Automate cluster operations
- Automate reporting
This course is designed for technical persons responsible for managing ESX, VMware ESXi, and VMware vCenter Server, including IT managers, system architects, and system administrators.
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems and completion of either the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage or the VMware vSphere: Fast Track course.
Also scripting experience in one of the following languages: Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, UNIX shell scripts, Python, or other languages with variables and control structures.
Details of all VMware Certifications will be found at the following links:-
This course has been retired and is no longer available.
Introduction to vSphere PowerCLI
- Define the main vSphere PowerCLI object
- Define the main commandlets in vSphere PowerCLI
- Connect to a vSphere infrastructure
- Get help for commandlets
Automating ESX Host Configuration
- Automate configuration of virtual switches on ESX hosts
- Automate configuration of datastores on ESX hosts
Virtual Machine Provisioning, Configuration, and Protection
- Automate creation of virtual machines
- Change virtual machine settings programmatically
- Run vSphere PowerCLI scripts in virtual machines
- Automate virtual machine protection
Automating Cluster Operations
- Automate virtual machine storage migration
- Automate VMware vMotion
- Create a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler/VMware High Availability cluster
- Automate cluster configuration
- Automate resource pool creation and configuration
- Automate reporting about virtual machines
- Automate reporting about ESX hosts
- Automate reporting about clusters