APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ) Preparation Workshop — A 2 day course
This course prepares delegates to achieve a professionally recognised qualification in project management at IPMA level C.
This 2 day workshop is designed to prepare delegates as candidates for the APM PQ assessment centre. It provides information on pre-requisites and allows delegates to participate in activities similar to those by which they will be assessed.
After completing this course the student will be able to
- Understand the requirements of the APM in awarding the Practitioner Qualification
- Understand how the assessment will be carried out
- Have a framework on which to build your revision and preparation
- Have practised the knowledge acquired
The qualification and the candidate
Awareness and application of the APM BoK
Assessment of candidate behaviour
Individual/Group work and presentations
Preparation for assessment
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is suitable for project managers with 3+ years experience in responsible leadership positions plus either APMP/PMP/ISEB Cert./OU M865, or good foundation knowledge of project management supported by evidence of CPD and self study.
The APM PQ is suitable for project managers, project coordinators and team leaders who have three to five years experience in managing non-complex projects. It is an intermediate qualification for project management practitioners who can demonstrate an ability to manage non-complex projects or run a key control function of a large-scale project.
This (IPMA Level C) qualification is for any relatively experienced professional who is looking to demonstrate their ability.
Candidates who wish to attend the APM Practitioner Qualification assessment must satisfy the following criteria:
- Passed the APMP qualification
- Can demonstrate good familiarity with the APM Body of Knowledge (BoK) and have passed an equivalent qualification such as PMP®, ISEB Certificate in Project Management, Open University Project Management Module M865.
- Delegates should have a good foundation knowledge of project management, supported by evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).