Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Advanced Routing v1.0 (SPADVROUTE) — A 5 day course
This 5 day course is designed to provide network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills required to implement and support a service provider network.
Cisco routers typically found in the service provider network are used for this course.
Upon completing this course, learners will be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot advanced Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) configuration, IP multicasting, and IPv6 transition mechanisms.
Hands on labs are used to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software features to operate and support the service provider network.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Configure the provider network to support multiple BGP connections with customers and other autonomous systems
- Describe common routing and addressing scalability issues in the provider network
- Describe available BGP tools and features to secure and optimize the BGP routing protocol in a service provider environment
- Introduce IP multicast services and the technologies that are present in IP multicasting
- Introduce PIM-SM as the most current scalable IP multicast routing protocol
- Describe service provider IPv6 transition implementations
Service Provider Connectivity with BGP
- Defining Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Connecting a Customer to a Service Provider
Scale Service Provider Networks
- Scaling BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Introducing BGP Route Reflectors and Confederations
Secure and Optimize BGP
- Implementing Advanced BGP Operations
- Improving BGP Convergence
- Improving BGP Configuration Scalability
- Introducing IP Multicast
- Defining Multicast Distribution Trees and Forwarding
- Multicast on the LAN
- Populating the Mroute Table
Intradomain and Interdomain Multicast Routing
- Introducing the PIM-SM Protocol
- Implementing PIM-SM Enhancements
- Implementing Interdomain IP Multicast
- Identifying Rendezvous Point Distribution Solutions
Service Provider IPv6 Transition Implementations
- Introducing IPv6 Services
- Defining IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Deploying IPv6 in the Service Provider Network
- Lab 2-1: Implement BGP Route Reflectors
- Lab 3-1: Implement BGP Security Options
- Lab 3-2: Improve BGP Scalability
- Lab 4-1: Implement Layer 2 and Layer 3 Multicast
- Lab 5-1: Enable and Optimize PIM-SM
- Lab 5-2: Implement PIM-SM Enhancements
- Lab 5-3: Implement Rendezvous Point Distribution
- Lab 6-1: Implement a DHCPv6 Server with Prefix Delegation
- Lab 6-2: Implement IPv6 Multicasting
- Lab 6-3: Implement Tunnels for IPv6
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement IP routing in service provider environments.
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (CSPROUTE)
This course is will prepare delegates for:
- 642-883 SPROUTE - Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing
This exam is one of the four exams required for delegates looking to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Professional for Service Providers.