Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation EDGE Network Services v1.0 (SPEDGE) — A 5 day course
This 5-day course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of service provider VPN solutions.
The goal is to train professionals to enable service provider point of presence (POP) to provide Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
Hands-on labs are provided to reinforce the students understanding of how to implement VPNs within their network, as well as providing practice on Cisco IOS and IOS XE deployment and the features of Cisco IOS XR required for the operation and support of service provider networks.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Introduce the VPN technologies that are used in the service provider environment and the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN peer-to-peer architecture
- Describe the implementation steps that are needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in service provider networks
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services
- Introducing VPNs
- Introducing MPLS VPNs
MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Connecting Customers Using Simple Routing Protocols
- Connecting Customers Using BGP or OSPF
- Deploying IPv6 and MPLS
Complex MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing Complex MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Implementing Internet Access and MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Introducing MPLS Interdomain Solutions
Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet Services
- Introducing Layer 2 VPNs
- Introducing AToM
- Implementing VPLS
- Lab 2-1: Implement MPLS Layer 3 VPN Backbones
- Lab 2-2: Connect Customers to MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 2-3: Connect Advanced Customers to MPLS Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 3-1: Establish Overlapping and Common Services Layer 3 VPNs
- Lab 3-2: Establish Internet Connectivity with an MPLS Layer 3 VPN
- Lab 3-3: Implement CSC
- Lab 4-1: Implement Layer 2 VPN (VPWS and VPLS)
Publicly scheduled dates, locations, and prices
A schedule of dates for this subject is not currently available. Please call 0333 210 0140 or use our contact form to enquire about places and availability.
This course is intended for network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS VPN service in their networks. This course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for the Cisco CCNP SP certification.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration
- Attended Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) 1.0
- Attended Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) 1.0
- Attended Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE) 1.0
This course is will prepare delegates for:
- 642-889 - Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation EDGE Network Services
This is one of the 4 exams required for delegates looking to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Professional for Service Providers